Wednesday, February 17, 2010

update.

                                                                           (a great gift)

Sheesh, time flies! A little update on my happenings. I went home this weekend for Valentine's Day..which by the way is my second favorite holiday..mostly because i love pink and red and chocolate and homemade cards and hearts and romance. oh, and also because it is a week after my birthday. Really February is a wonderful month! (and as this year is going, a snowy one)
Daniel had a fabulous birthday/Valentine's for me. The best gift ever! A close second to the engagement..well maybe not close, but definitely second! and my all time favorite birthday gift. Curious? good, you should be, because it was that good.
He also took me to Ruth's Chris which was so good. i loved it! People always tell me he can never out-due himself from (insert previous big thing) and i never worry because really, he ALWAYS does. i never wanna come back but as it stands we are only a short 9 months away from being married ..wahoo!

This week i finished "Teacher, the Henrietta Mears story" for my women's ministry class..one of the best books i have ever read. What a mountain of a woman! So much stuck out from her story but one sentence in particular has been swimming around in my head..
a Quote from Bill Bright to Henrietta in her book reads:
" From the time I heard you challenge us to go home and follow the apostle Paul's action in kneeling to ask of God, 'What wilt Thou have me to do?' my life began to change. Through your teaching i was encouraged to give my life to Christ and at all costs follow His leading. The establishment of Campus Crusade for Christ has been the result." 


It struck such a cord with me that i wrote it in the inside of my Bible.

"What wilt Thou have me to do?"

No comments:

Post a Comment