Saturday, November 2, 2013

Happy Birthday Diana

Today is my sisters 30th birthday. For some reason her being 30 does not translate to my head-I will forever see her as 17 and me as 13. In honor of her very special day I wanted to remind her of 30 of my favorite memories of her life.

1. All the summers we stayed home and you made me suffer through Golden Girls and Diagnosis Murder and now I watch them all the time because they make me think of you.

2. The time I slept walked into your room and woke up in your bed (and then pretended to sleep walk every other night so I could stay with you). Thankfully every one in the house let me think I was tricking everyone.

3. The year we drove separate for family vacation and we had the most fun ever. I will never forget that year. I will especially never forget DR. PEPPER!!!!!!!! (crying I'm laughing so hard here) and then the lady who said that your daughter (me) looked just like you and then you were paranoid you looked that old hahahahhaha.

4. That night in the kitchen when you told me you were leaving your job and going overseas to do Journeyman-few times have I ever seen you that sure and that excited.

5. The time I convinced you to tell mom you couldn't find something in that pantry and she got huffy and swung open the door and I was hiding inside and scared the living daylights out of her. I almost peed in that closet waiting for that moment. To date the best scare and reaction of all time haha.

6. That infamous night I threw up in your hair-and your comment to mom and dad was, "Can I go back to sleep?" That was also the night we decided blonde was a bad look for you.

7.  That Sunday morning I sneezed Fruity Pebbles all over you and we died laughing. I can never eat them without thinking of that.

8. Bullwinkle. Nothing more needs to be said about this.

9. All the performances and impressions I would do on the fireplace simply to make you laugh-and you would never let me down by crying you would laugh so hard.

10.  The time you broke my guitar-Dad superglued it back but it was never the same..

11. How much you loved when I played the Saxophone for you. It was amazing I didn't become a profession with my talent.

12. The first time you came back from college and met me at the bus stop-I was so proud to show you off.

13. How mom swore she was not taking us shopping together anymore because we never would focus and just would hide in the clothes racks and laugh hysterically.

14. How anyone reading this list is probably thinking these things happened when we were kids and a good portion of them happened in our 20's hahahhahaha.

15. The year you started interpretive movement at church and got to wear the pants and I was so jealous so I joined and that year we went with velvet floor length dresses...speaking of, those dresses in general.

16. The time you sang Shifting Sand at VA beach mission trip and ever since then that song is one of my favorites of all time.

17.  Mom making us dress alike which wasn't so bad for me but since you are almost 5 years older it kinda really stunk for you!! haha.

18. That you wore skinny jeans before they were cool (ok, I'm losing it over here).

19.  Your honesty about who you are-it makes me love you even more (if that is possible). You don't pretend to be someone you aren't and it is the most refreshing thing to be around.

20. The time I drop kicked you to the floor after you told me I may have learned how to do that in Taekwondo class but I couldn't do it to you. Your face was priceless.

21.  The time I sat on a chocolate chip cookie and got chocolate all over my pj pants and you could not stop laughing.

22. Buck teeth and the video with the fake firecracker (Im doing the impression here now haha).

23. Just my pair of boots...

24. Last night when you ran slam into me because it was so dark and you thought I had kept walking. Oh, I am still laughing so hard about that.

25. When you first started driving and we would blare the cd player and sing on Sunday nights on the way to church. I remember thinking life could not possibly get any better than that.

26. Landon-seeing him love you and you being so happy is honestly one of the greatest joys in my life.

27. The way you always have my back. You and I will always be fiercely protection of each other. You can always count on me to be there for you, and I know the same.

28.  The way just one word or look can send both of us into a fit of giggles. This has gotten us in more trouble than I can even count.

29. The insane amount of inside jokes we have: Mary did you know, dirty jeans, My name is Laura, etc.

30. The millions of conversations we have shared. Laughing, crying, joking and serious -they all mean so much to me.

Happy birthday. I am so thankful you are nearer (although not near enough). My life is fuller and happier and definitely funnier with you in it. Love you.

Lelly















No comments:

Post a Comment