Friday, May 14, 2010

Day SEVEN-Baccalaureate and Good Taste.

Today was a packed full day. We got up this morning and headed over to the school to pick up our name cards and the final information for graduation. For once Liberty was actually extremely organized and Lib and i got our stuff in like 5 minutes which was greaaaat. They gave us a pen to put on our gown that says Jesus First, which normally i think people would think it kinda cheesy except we know Dr. Falwell wore one and honestly I want Jesus First in my life so i am so wearing it with pride. 
When i got back me and Jen and Linny decided to go to the pool one last time. Today was so stinkin' hot and i actually got some sun in the hour or so we were there. We only stayed a bit then came back to the apartment just in time for the girls parents to get here. We all got cleaned up and i must say we were lookin' pretty sharp for the Baccalaureate service. It was really sunny so our pic didn't really turn out good...squinty eyes!! (Jacob, Lib, Jen, Linny, Me, Sarah)

Baccalaureate was really good and i was reminded of the great education that the Lord himself has provided for me. I am so challenged to be a champion for Christ. I really do desire to live my life for Christ first. I think that coming to Liberty has challenged my life in so many ways, but the greatest is the desire to live a life worthy of my calling. You have to not have a pulse to come here and not be motivated to change our world for Christ.
After the service Sarah and i had a date at Good Taste. Good Taste is this little hole in the wall Chinese place, that no joke is so legit. Really only Sarah and i can appreciate it. Other than the really good food. the reason Sarah and i eat there is because they have this little gum ball machine with rings in it and every time we eat there we make sure to get one. Sarah and i placed our order in and then of course went straight for the machine..only this time it ate not one but two of our quarters and did not give us any ring. RUDE. then we told the guy who works there and he said & quote, "not my fault." and that was it. he walked away DOUBLE RUDE. So, we huffed then ate our fabulous dinner and sat forever talking. I will certainly miss Sarah next year. We all will. We needed to get some stuff for our picnic tomorrow so Sarah and i decided to make a Kroger trip. Luckily they had a machine and we got ourselves a nice little treasure of a ring there. Sarah and i also went kinda crazy and she bought some cotton candy and i bought a piece of gum that was an entire foot long. i mean it was a dollar. so who could pass that up!


oh also we tried on our caps tonight and realized how ridiculous we looked in them and got a really good laugh.

The week has flown by and i am literally amazed at how quickly the past four years have gone. Tomorrow is such a big day and it wouldn't be the same without my best friends beside me. I am beyond thankful for them and the depth of our friendship. Tomorrow will both be an exciting and sad day, but i look forward to spending my final moments with my four best friends. Until then..
-Leslie

"So i offer up this life. It's all that i have to give." 

No comments:

Post a Comment